If you are interested to create your own WordPress site, the best place to start is at the beginning.
To install WordPress on your hosting service, follow these steps:
- Choose a hosting service that supports WordPress installation. Some popular hosting services are Bluehost, SiteGround, and HostGator. We highly recommend xneelo if you are based in South Africa. Feel free to contact us for a competitive (lower) yearly rate on xneelo hosting services.
- Sign up for a hosting account and select a hosting plan that meets your needs.
- Log in to your hosting account’s control panel (cPanel or konsoleH).
- Look for the “Install WordPress” or “WordPress Installer” icon. This may vary depending on your hosting service, but it should be prominently displayed.
- Click on the “Install WordPress” or “WordPress Installer” icon and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- Choose the domain where you want to install WordPress. If you have multiple domains, select the one you want to use for your WordPress site.
- Choose a username and password for your WordPress site’s admin account.
- Choose a name for your WordPress site and a tagline (optional).
- Click on “Install” or “Finish” to complete the installation process.
Once the installation is complete, you should be able to log in to your WordPress site’s admin dashboard by visiting the URL of your site followed by “/wp-admin” (e.g., www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin). From there, you can customise your site, install themes and plugins, and create content.
If there is no installer on the hosting service control panel; create a new database and note the database host, username, and password. Then download the latest version of WordPress from wordpress.org. Upload it to the /public_html folder on the hosting account, unzip the file and then browse to your domain. Follow the steps to install it and you will soon have access to your brand-new WordPress site.
Please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance.